How can we improve our apps?

Color Wheel

By a color wheel I mean something that is easier to pick colors for skinning than what we have now. Currently the only way to change the colors so that they flow nicely requires lots of skill and effort. It is also hard to change the hue of a skin because of the rather general layout of the color scheme. If you need a better picture of what I'm talking about, google MCskin3D (only available for PC, not Mac). Thanks for your time!

30 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    cookiemonsta23 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Benji commented  · 

For me, it's always a hassle to get the right colors and then navigating my way back to the previous color I was using. But a cool solution for that would be the ability to make it and share pallets with the community, with your friends, and anybody else that wants to use them. It will be cool to have an interface where sharing pallets with colors in the packs and you can download the right into a pallet library

• AlphaEnder commented  · 

Basically allow us to save color palettes so we can use those colors in a different skin edit. I find this frustrating that you don't have it. I have to go to online editors to do some things, such as that.

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are lots of colourplates but you cant invite your own colour combination. (Sry for bad english)

• Anonymous commented  · 

RGB values wouldn't be too tough, and it will make it easier to hit the colors that I want.

Adding a way to import from device would be an easy UI addon and let me manage and easily modify the skins made from the past with other programs. Currently I would have to upload each skin to mojang, them inport by name in the app, then modify. Rinse. Repeat. Very time consuming when they are already on my device.

• SydFox commented  · 

The ability to fine tune and select specific colors in the color picker, using either RGB or hex values. This will make very specific colors easier to find.

• Jamie Collins commented  · 

A pinpoint number for the custom color wheel would make it easier to make & match colors that you like from a different skin etc. Basically a x-y axis numbering to make picking & finding colors a little simpler. A typing input would be nice to help with going directly to the color choice without having to move the pointer around by hand.
        Just a good idea & improvemnt that would be helpful. Thanks for a wonderful app!

Feedback and Knowledge Base