How can we improve our apps?

This most recent update is terrible, bring back some of the old functions

Many people on MSS are very annoyed with how this most recent update turned out. The comment cool-down, the removal of comment liking. I know this doesn't sound like an idea, but it is. My idea is to fix these problems. Starting with one of the biggest: when looking at your own comments, you won't see what skin it was commented on, please bring that back. And another problem with your own comments, is that you can't reach the skin it was commented on from that comment, (because the only way you can interact with your own comment is by deleting it) you have to find that skin AGAIN, which makes it hard to revisit an older skin. Lastly, PLEASE, PLEASE remove the comment cooldown. I know it's too stop spam, but it's not having any sort of effect on spammers. Just please fix these things because you're going to get a lot more complaints than mine over these matters.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DapperLukeDapperLuke shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Hey DapperLuke, thanks for your feedback!

The comment cool-down is only 15 seconds, we believe any meaningful comments should take longer than 15 seconds to compose so this is the rate we have set in an effort to keep the comments section for actual skin comments and not for use as a chat room. It also helps with our caching, which I’ll explain in more detail below.

Liking comments was removed due to scalability issues; it prevents us being able to cache comments for longer periods and was causing server issues since we have over 15M+ comments in our database and can cause the app to pull new comments down much slower if we do not cache the latest comments. Lastly, if you want to view a skin relating to a comment, you can always press ‘View Skin’, however you can’t do this on own skin at the moment due to a bug (which we will fix and submit next week!).

Many thanks, 57.

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)